— Aus Curric Lessons (@AusLessons) April 5, 2013
Do you learn by doing? Are you a visual learner? Do you learn through discovery? Touch? Movement?
Students and teachers ’round the globe are discovering the TourWrist app for inquiry-based, kinesthetic learning experiences in:
- Geography – places around the world / mapping / world landmarks
- Creative Writing – writing descriptions of places / story starters / narrative stories
- Language – talking about travel
- Social Studies – history / culture / world history
- Art – drawing places (change your perspective)
- Problem Solving – trip planning
- Science – ‘teleporting in’ to Mars
“[TourWrist] allows students to view other parts of the world,” writes Corporate to Classroom: A Career Switchers Guide to Teaching Author Felecia Christian. “They can see landmarks, schools, businesses, entertainment, and other points of interest, all without leaving the classroom.”
“It exposes them to elements beyond their community, circle of friends, and imagination. It shows them things that they may not see in everyday life and sets up discussions or comparisons of elements that are typical everywhere and elements that are not.”
“I can easily imagine a classroom full of kids having a blast simply by getting their body into the viewing,” writes an educator on Classroom Oven.”
Other Uses of TourWrist Technology in Education
- Students with visual impairments at the Tennessee School for the Blind (TSB) are finding it easier to get around the campus and classrooms on their own with the help of their custom TSB 360 app – powered by TourWrist – running on an iPad tablet.
- Prospective Eckerd College students (and their parents) take virtual tours of the Florida Gulf Coast campus using the Eckerd College app – powered by TourWrist.
- The University of Florida CrimeSeen 360 app uses the TourWrist viewer technology to drop Forensic Science students in virtual crime scenes to look for evidence and compile reports which are then sent to their instructors for review.
How are you using TourWrist in the classroom? Got a lesson plan that includes the use of TourWrist? Have a story to tell about the use of TourWrist in your classroom? Please comment on this blog post or write us.
TourWrist in the Classroom Resources
- Pinterest – Teaching Resources / School-Technology / Virtual Field Trips
- PASSHE Virtual Conference (Campus Technology Workshops) – iPad Applications Suggested for Use in Education (2012)
- The iPad Comes Alive with Augmented Reality – Writing, TourWrist, Puppet Pal and Screen Shots
- Anthony Knight’s EST340 Blog – TourWrist – An Exciting App for Classroom Use! (8/15/12)
- Photoplan Blog – Students Using Virtual Tour Tech to Help Choose Higher Education (8/7/12)
- Georgia Institute of Technology – Tutorial Proposal: Integrating and Using Panoramas and Photographic Images in AR Experiences
- Switch2Tech – TourWrist Review (7/21/12)
- Pearson Online Learning Exchange (OLE) – History – As We Know It (12/13/11)
- Classroom Oven – App Review: TourWrist (11/29/11)
- BlogTalkRadio – TourWrist Among Surprising Education Apps (11/17/11) [Start: 6:26 - End: 7:33]
- Edutopia – Teaching and Learning: Using iPads in the Classroom (10/31/11)
- Dalelopez’s Weblog – TourWrist in Education (10/10/11)
- Mis Musicuentos (Spanish Teacher Blog) – App Review: TourWrist (9/12/11)
- iPadDiction – TourWrist App in the Classroom (9/3/11)
- iPads in Education – TourWrist among geography apps
- iPad Jedi Master Blog – TourWrist for iPad: An Excellent Adventure (10/31/12)
- Scholastic – Teachers - Top Teaching – My 35 Favorite Free Apps for Teaching [includes TourWrist] 12/20/12)
- SpeechTechie – mARch: Take Virtual Field Trips with TourWrist (3/13/13)
- Field Tech Blog – What’s New on Field’s iPads? [Includes TourWrist] (3/18/13)
- Your Weekly Paper – iPads a Hit at Iowa Valley [Includes TourWrist] (3/19/13)
- Productive & Constructive – Using the iPad in High School Science [includes TourWrist] (3/20/13)
- Australian Curriculum Lessons – Creative Writing Lesson – Using TourWrist to Go Global (4/3/13)
- Western Illinois University College of Education and Human Services: Tech Insights – TourWrist (4/10/13)
Lesson Plans Using TourWrist
- Got a lesson using TourWrist? Please write us.
360 Pano (and banner photo) Library in Wayland High School in Wayland, MA (360 Pano by evanbarber7)
Video: Hoover HS (Hoover, Alabama, USA): Fun Fact Friday Using TourWrist App: