SCOTTSDALE, AZ (PRWeb – Nov 13, 2012) – TourWrist, the best-in-class virtual tour platform empowering anyone to shoot, publish, view and share panoramic virtual tours, unveiled today its spherical 360-degree capture technology at The Travel Innovation Summit @ The PhoCusWright Conference. TourWrist also announced Royal Caribbean International has joined other TourWrist SDK licensees; and debuted its Android app.
“By simply waving your smartphone around, you can paint in your surroundings to create a spherical virtual tour,” said TourWrist Founder and CEO Charles Armstrong. “For travel companies, imagine the UGC (user generated content) possibilities.”
“TourWrist is giving away $2 million of our virtual tour viewer and capture technology” licenses to travel destinations, hotel brands and vacation rental brands that sign up by the end of 2012,” said Armstrong during his presentation at the conference today.
Armstrong is one of 30 travel technology innovators invited to present to 1,700+ travel executes attending the conference.
In addition to publicly showing the TourWrist capture technology for the first time, Armstrong’s demonstration included Royal Caribbean, Tourism Calgary, and Las Vegas Sands Corp. among licensing examples.
2012 marks the virtual tour renaissance – with Apple, Google, Microsoft and TourWrist leading the way. Says Armstrong: “For travel brands, the great news is that our platform-agnostic technology perfectly fits into your existing tech and business ecosystem.”
Armstrong also announced:
- The TourWrist global platform is preparing to reach tens of millions of travelers in the next six months; complete with localization for many major languages.
- TourWrist has 10 patents pending, covering such technologies as interpretive motion control dynamic augmented data delivery.
- The free TourWrist iOS app will (soon) also include the spherical capture technology that is available today in its free Android app
TourWrist is the world’s leading virtual tour platform. The company employs a model similar to YouTube (but uniquely suited to panoramic virtual tours). The company mission is to improve how consumers make educated, location-based travel decisions. ‘TourWrists’ can easily shoot and upload their own panoramic images, or browse and share any of the 55,000+ geo-tagged panos already uploaded. The global TourWrist platform (apps, mobile web and website) is on track to reach tens of millions of travelers in 2013, complete with localization for many major languages.
TourWrist launched commercially in early 2011. In 2012, TourWrist was awarded Best of Show at Macworld; DEMOgod and People’s Choice awards at DEMO Spring 2012. Apple has featured TourWrist more than 600 times in its App Store. TourWrist has reached “#1 iPad Travel App” status in more than 80 countries. The company has a highly-regarded IP portfolio that includes 10 pending patents. The company also owns and operates the world’s largest panoramic photography forum, Panoguide, with 7,100 professional virtual tour photographers globally; and is a sponsor of the International VR Photography Association (IVRPA). TourWrist, Inc. (private) is headquartered in San Francisco. For more information about TourWrist, please visit:
- iTunes App Store: www.itunes.com/app/TourWrist
- Web: www.TourWrist.com
- YouTube: www.YouTube.com/TourWrist
- Twitter: www.Twitter.com/TourWrist
- Blog: blog.TourWrist.com
TourWrist is an independent service and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple Inc. All trademarks, including TourWrist®, are registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Virtual Tour: The Venetian Las Vegas Penthouse Suite Pano – hosted by TourWrist. Pano by: Jeff Handley of Enviropix.
- TNOOZ – TourWrist Brings Latest Funding Round to $1.25 Million; Heavyweights Liking the 360-Degree Views (12/3/12)
- PRWeb – TourWrist, a Thayer Ventures Portfolio Company, Sweeps the Awards at The Travel Innovation Summit @ The PhoCusWright Conference (12/3/12)