January 2012 was a big month for TourWrist media coverage and milestones (such as the update to the free TourWrist iOS app to enable shooting and sharing 360-degree panos using an iPhone).
Highlights: Media and Milestones
- TourWrist wins 2012 Macworld/iWorld Best Of Show at the annual Macworld/iWorld Conference & Expo in San Francisco that drew 25,000 Apple fans, 300 exhibitors and sponsors who launched 100+ new products.
- CNN says TourWrist is among 50 new tech tools you should know about … TourWrist … allows your panos to pop and sizzle in a truly remarkable way.
- WIRED writes: TourWrist among 8 Killer iOS Apps That Shined at Macworld 2012 … TourWrist feels incredibly polished … both in panorama execution and in its user interface. TourWrist also has an API available to developers so that other apps can use and publish to its platform.
- San Francisco Chronicle says TourWrist is worth getting exciting about
- Free TourWrist iOS app update (v2.3) includes shooting 360-degree panos with an iPhone (and “shooting” feature coming soon to iPad 2)
- Video: GeekBeat.TV Host Cali Lewis interviews TourWrist CEO & Founder Charles Armstrong … It’s magic! (Length: 3:52)
- Apple ‘N’ Apps review: App of the Day: Macworld 2012: TourWrist App Transports You Anywhere … TourWrist is a great free download that offers exquisite scenes to enjoy, and the catalog is now expanding with user generated panoramas.
- App Advice review says: TourWrist Makes It Easy To Share 360-Degree Panoramas
- Mac Life review says: TourWrist among six of the most intriguing iOS apps at Macworld
- TUAW honor: TourWrist is iPad App of the Day … by far my favorite
- TrendHunter writes: TourWrist can give you an amazing remote travel experience
- ChipChick writes: an extremely beneficial and useful application for traveling and/or researching a variety of destinations, residencies, automobiles, and/or products.
- Cynopsis: DIGITAL reports: … consumers can capture and share an unlimited number of panoramic images via the TourWrist iOS app. … the company will soon unveil an upload feature within its iOS app that will give iPhone users a choice of 20+ panoramic photography apps with the ability to publish an unlimited number of their pictures to TourWrist. Developers can integrate the free Publish to TourWtist API into their 360-degre camera apps.
- International TourWrist media coverage includes this Dutch iCulture weekly (video) and iPadclub of TourWrist at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas
- International TourWrist blogger coverage of TourWrist includes MelbourneGeek interview (video) with TourWrist CEO & Founder Charles Armstrong at the 2012 Macworld-iWorld Conference & Expo
- TourWrist surpasses 31,000 360-degree panos
- Pop Culture Trend Leader Ryan Seacrest publishes New Years Eve 360-pano to TourWrist [Ryan's 360 Pano]
- TourWrist among Top 15 iPad Travel Apps and Top 15 What’s Hot in iPhone Travel Apps in the the Apple iTunes App Store today (1/31/12)
- TourWrist creates custom “white label” TSB 360 app for the Tennessee School for the Blind to help students and faculty navigate the campus
- Gawaya Travel Blog Travel App Review: TourWrist For iPhone & iPad – It is truly an amazing photography and travel app that offers virtual tours of some very beautiful places around the world.
- The Mac Observer: among the best and most innovative software at Macworld Mobile Apps Showcase … top-notch app … very slick!.
- iGAME RADIO: – [Podcast 4:30] TourWrist: Pano View Potential for Games at Macworld 2012
- Maccast: For Mac Geeks by Mac Geeks: – [Podcast 4:00 Part 2 --> Starts at 3:40] Adam Christianson interviews TourWrist CEO & Founder Charles Armstrong
- Macmais: – [Portuguese-->English via Google Translate] There are some applications that really make us gasp when we see it the first time. Undoubtedly, the TourWrist app is one of them.
- NosillaCast with Allison Sheridan from PodFeet.com – [[Video • 3:19] This is crazy! Got to love it. [Podcast ("TourWrist is astonishing" • Begins: 16:55 Ends: 21:00]
- The Mac Observer -TourWrist, just pano-lovin’ fun. … you need to look at this one even if you don’t want to create your own pans.
- The MacReviewCast (2012 MacReviewCast Macworld Best Of Show Winner (Podcast) – TourWrist one of the coolest apps I’ve ever seen! (after the first 10 minutes)
TourWrist exhibits at Macworld Mobile Apps Showcase. TourWrist 360 pano shot with the free TourWrist iOS app on an iPhone 4S by TourWrist CEO & Founder Charles Armstrong