Video: C/NET How to – iPhone Panorama Tips and Tricks
Here are 4 easy ‘how to’ steps to shoot, upload and share your panoramas using iOS 6* and the TourWrist app:
- Shoot a pano using the iPhone camera app (Select Options and then select Panorama).
- Open the TourWrist app and sign-in.
- Select Upload to select the pano you just shot, name and upload it. In a moment, your pano will be ready for you and others to enjoy.
- Select Share to Share via email, Twitter or Facebook (or, go to TourWrist.com to grab embed code and also share via Pinterest and Google+).
During my test photo shoot [inside/outside the World of Coca-Cola and Centennial Olympic Park 'Fountain of Rings' in Atlanta], I was amazed that the iOS 6 panorama capture:
- correctly stitches people moving (if they don’t move too fast)
- correctly does not include a person that moves quickly through the shot
- shoots in very low, indoor lighting
- correctly stitches a fountain of water
- is so fast at stitching the image
- When shooting your panorama in iOS 6, hold your device vertical: “Move iPhone continuously when taking a Panorama.” “Keep the arrow on the center line.” Hints: 1) defaults to shooting left –> right; 2) click on the arrow to reverse shoot left <— right
- If you go too fast when shooting your panorama, it will say “Slow Down“
- To easily shoot 240-degrees with iOS 6, position your feet as if you were ending the panorama and twist to begin shooting your panorama.
- If you get a lot of ‘jaggies’ (because you didn’t keep the arrow on the line), you can use the ‘Crop’ tool to ‘clean up’ your panorama.
- Select the ‘magic wand’ to automatically enhance your panorama. (Select Edit when viewing your panorama on Camera Roll)
- Option: use photo editing apps such as Adobe Photoshop Express app or SmugMug’s Camera Awesome app before you upload to TourWrist.
- Your panorama will be viewable within moments of receipt by TourWrist (Your panorama could be up to a 24 meg file. It may take a a few extra moments to upload.)
- Here’s how be notified when your panos are viewable on TourWrist: In iOS 6 Settings, go to Notifications, select TourWrist and turn on Notification Center (and select your Alert Style, Badge App Icon and Sounds preference).
PostScript – Related TourWrist Blog Posts
*Apple iOS 6 running on an iPhone 4S, 5 or 5th generation of iPod Touch and TourWrist (V2.4x)
TourWrist Blog Post Banner image by Photographer Dan Smigrod. To see the entire pano, please click here.
Got a TourWrist ‘How to’ you would like to share, please email us.
- TourWrist Blog – iPhone 5 and iPod Touch Includes Panorama Capture (9/12/12)
- C/NET – How to Simplify Sharing Your Panoramic Photos: TourWrist Makes It Easy to Share, And Even Easier for Your Friends to View Your iOS 6 Panoramic Shots (10/8/12)
- C/NET – How to: iPhone Panorama Tips and Tricks (10/22/12)